– Cried when dog escaped his crate. Again.
– Asked kids to clean living room.
⁃ Listened to each child deny ownership of every single item in living room.
⁃ Refereed every possible combination of three kids fighting.
– Ignored every possible combination of three kids fighting.
– Attempted to clean dog puke out of the couch.
– Attempted to explain to three kids why everyone couldn’t get their way.
– Failed to explain to three kids why everyone couldn’t get their way.
⁃ Denied a child a walk because it was cold, and snowing, and two siblings cried as an answer in the negative.
⁃ Spent another day without WiFi because dog ate the cables.
⁃ Went to the store just to get out of the house.
⁃ Went to the store again to buy a DVD because WiFi still dead and cannot make it without screen time.
⁃ Understood why people buying DVDs buy them. Baffled me last week.
⁃ Cursed copiously.
⁃ Outlined lots of punishments.
⁃ Rescinded all of them.
⁃ Cried inwardly. A lot.
⁃ Sat through a kids’ movie and got a little closer to psychotic mom.
⁃ Reported an extremely strong smell of gas to the gas company. Only productive act of the day.
⁃ Tried to read while shitty kids’ movie played.
⁃ Sat beside child whose feet smelled like The Bears locker room after a game in 100F.
⁃ Watched said child pick in between toes.
⁃ Got to marvel at the differences in the odors of three other humans and a dog.
⁃ Smelly Foot snuggled into me.
⁃ All worth while.
Roll on tomorrow…
One thought on “A Day in the Life of a Mom”
I only have two but this sounds fairly familiar after this week – including the dog puke.